Re: [Pkg-octave-devel] DOG group @ salsa.d.o

On Sat, Jan 06, 2018 at 11:07:34AM +0100, Rafael Laboissière wrote:

> As promised, I did the migration this morning.  The repositories at
> alioth.d.o have been locked, thanks to pre-receive hooks.

Thanks a lot! It looks very nice.

> The new repositories at salsa.d.o can be cloned now like this:
>
>    git clone git@salsa.debian.org:pkg-octave-team/$pkg.git
>
> If you want to migrate a local repository from using salsa.d.o instead of
> git.d.o as the origin, do the following:
>
>    cd $pkg
>    git remote rename origin old-origin
>    git remote add origin git@salsa.debian.org:pkg-octave-team/$pkg.git

Note that I recently learned a nice git trick, using URL aliases.

If you run the following:

 git config --global url."git@salsa.debian.org:pkg-octave-team/".insteadOf pkg-octave-team:

Then you can clone new repositories with:

 gbp clone pkg-octave-team:$pkg

You can also update the URL of existing repositories with:

 git remote set-url origin pkg-octave-team:$pkg

> 1) The "Emails on Push" integration service has been configured to send
> notifications to the address dispatch+${pkg}_vcs@tracker.debian.org.
> Everyone subscribed to the DOG team at tracker.d.o will receive the
> messages.  You can fine-tune your preferences by sending a message to
> control@tracker.debian.org, for instance:
>
>    ( echo "subscribe $pkg"
>      echo "keyword $pkg + vcs" ) | mail control@tracker.debian.org
>
> You can get the full documentation of the mailbot with this command:
>
>    echo help | mail control@tracker.debian.org

Note that there is also a web interface that is handy.

> 2) I added the following webhook to the repositories, in order to tag bugs
> at BTS as "pending" when the commit pushed has the "Closes:" meta tag used
> in the git-buildpackage workflow:
>
>    https://webhook.salsa.debian.org/tagpending/$pkg

Thanks.

I have a few more requests/remarks:

1) Would it be possible that you add all DDs (Thomas, Mike and myself) as
   Owners of the Salsa group?

2) We should disable issues in our git repositories, otherwise there is a risk
   of confusion with the BTS for our users. The salsa admins claim to have
   disabled issues by default for new groups/projects, but our group was
   created before that move, so we have to do that manually. Since I am not an
   owner, I don't see whether it is feasible from the web interface (or if we
   must open an issue at salsa support).

3) Would it be possible to rename the DoG group at tracker.d.o to
   "pkg-octave-team" for consistency with the Salsa group? I know it is
   possible from the web interface, but I can't do it since I am not admin of
   the group (and it looks like it's not possible to add other admins on
   tracker.d.o groups).

4) We can now do mass commits for Vcs-* renaming, since the alioth rewriter is
   only a temporary measure.

   The right field values seem to be:

   Vcs-Browser: https://salsa.debian.org/pkg-octave-team/${pkg}
   Vcs-Git: https://salsa.debian.org/pkg-octave-team/${pkg}.git

   (the .git suffix in Vcs-Git is optional, but I would be inclined to leave it)

5) I have updated our wiki page, dropping the links to Alioth and adding a link
   to Salsa. I have not yet added the link to the tracker group, in the hope
   that it will be renamed (see above). We should probably also describe the
   way to get git commit notifications (and maybe remove the link to the
   -commit list).

Best,

--
⢀⣴⠾⠻⢶⣦⠀  Sébastien Villemot