Re: [Pkg-octave-devel] DOG group @ salsa.d.o

* Rafael Laboissière <rafael@debian.org> [2018-01-03 23:10]:

* Sébastien Villemot <sebastien@debian.org> [2018-01-02 14:48]:

Actually, now that the service seems to be in widespread use, I would be ok with migrating now. But of course we can also wait until the end of the beta.

Ok, I will schedule the migration for the upcoming weekend.

As promised, I did the migration this morning. The repositories at alioth.d.o have been locked, thanks to pre-receive hooks. You can still pull/clone from the repos, but if you try to push, you will receive a message like this:

   This repository has been moved to Debian's GitLab server:
   https://salsa.debian.org/pkg-octave-team/$pkg.git

and the push will fail.

The new repositories at salsa.d.o can be cloned now like this:

   git clone git@salsa.debian.org:pkg-octave-team/$pkg.git

If you want to migrate a local repository from using salsa.d.o instead of git.d.o as the origin, do the following:

   cd $pkg
   git remote rename origin old-origin
   git remote add origin git@salsa.debian.org:pkg-octave-team/$pkg.git

After that, you can pull and push from the salsa.d.o repository. This may be handy if you have locally commits that are not yet pushed.

I created a merge request to the AliothRewriter project with a commit that add the appropriate redirect rules for our repositories:

   https://salsa.debian.org/salsa/AliothRewriter/merge_requests/16

Two final notes:

1) The "Emails on Push" integration service has been configured to send notifications to the address dispatch+${pkg}_vcs@tracker.debian.org. Everyone subscribed to the DOG team at tracker.d.o will receive the messages. You can fine-tune your preferences by sending a message to control@tracker.debian.org, for instance:

   ( echo "subscribe $pkg"
     echo "keyword $pkg + vcs" ) | mail control@tracker.debian.org

You can get the full documentation of the mailbot with this command:

   echo help | mail control@tracker.debian.org

2) I added the following webhook to the repositories, in order to tag bugs at BTS as "pending" when the commit pushed has the "Closes:" meta tag used in the git-buildpackage workflow:

   https://webhook.salsa.debian.org/tagpending/$pkg

Let us hope everything will work correctly.