Re: [Pkg-octave-devel] DOG group @ salsa.d.o

* Sébastien Villemot <sebastien@debian.org> [2018-01-02 14:48]:

Actually, now that the service seems to be in widespread use, I would be ok with migrating now. But of course we can also wait until the end of the beta.

Ok, I will schedule the migration for the upcoming weekend.

There will be a side effect with this move, though. Unless we upload new versions of all the packages with the updated Vcs-* fields in debian/control, we will have wrong pointers in the web interfaces at qa.d.o and tracker.d.o.

The ideal solution would be to have the URLs https://anonscm.debian.org/git/pkg-octave/$pkg.git redirected to https://salsa.debian.org/pkg-octave-team/$pkg.git. I do not know whether it is feasible or whether there are plans for doing that.