Re: [Pkg-octave-devel] building with Qt 5?

* Sébastien Villemot <sebastien@debian.org> [2017-08-17 12:18]:

On Tue, Aug 15, 2017 at 11:28:12AM -0700, Mike Miller wrote:
On Tue, Aug 15, 2017 at 19:53:01 +0200, Sébastien Villemot wrote:
Is upstream officially supporting Qt 5?

Yes, the intent since 4.2.0 is to support both. Fedora is shipping Octave built against Qt 5 now.

I have been using Octave with Qt 5 locally, but I don't do a lot of plotting, and I am affected by some of the known issues with Qt 5 and OpenGL.

Given that the Qt/KDE wants to remove Qt 4 for buster, and given that upstream supports Qt 5, I think we should do the move right now. This will give us more testing and more time to deal with arising issues.

Does that sound good to you and others?

Ok with me. Should we start by uploading a version of the package to experimental?