Re: [Pkg-octave-devel] building with Qt 5?

On Wed, Aug 09, 2017 at 10:39:09 +0200, Rafael Laboissière wrote:
> I am just curious: is there a Qt 4->5 transition planne in Debian?

This is the only guidance about moving from Qt 4 to 5 that I could find,
from the start of stretch development cycle:

  https://lists.debian.org/debian-devel-announce/2015/05/msg00001.html

Other than that, I don't know. I think upstreams decide which Qt version
to support, or either. Qt 4 and 5 are very different and easily coexist,
as long as they are not mixed within a binary.

Qt 4 is nearing its upstream end-of-life from what I've read, so I guess
it's up to the Qt/KDE team to decide how much effort is put into
continuing to maintain Qt 4 in Debian.

--
mike