Re: [Pkg-octave-devel] building with Qt 5?

I am just curious: is there a Qt 4->5 transition planne in Debian?

Rafael

* Mike Miller <mtmiller@debian.org> [2017-08-08 11:38]:

Hi,

I've started looking at transitioning Octave from Qt 4 to Qt 5.

I get a successful build running under sbuild, but I often get a SIGABRT or SIGSEGV during the test stage when building in place outside of sbuild.

After installing the debs from sbuild, I get the same SIGABRT sometimes when running octave under xvfb-run manually. Or often a SIGSEGV when running the tests in libinterp/corefcn/graphics.cc-tst under xvfb-run. I don't see any of this with Octave 4.2.1-2 built with Qt 4.

The other known issue I'm aware of is that OpenGL plotting doesn't render under Xwayland with Qt 5 (possibly depending on the graphics adapter), but does seem to continue working with Qt 4.

So maybe we should be conservative for now and stay with Qt 4.

--
mike