Re: overhaul of the debian ocaml policy

Le lundi 23 août 2010 13:46:04, Mehdi Dogguy a écrit :
> On 08/23/2010 01:06 PM, Florent Monnier wrote:
> > Again, having a generic (for every distros) keyword in this string
> > would be nice. "delivered" and "convenience" are not nice keyword for
> > the "filter" purpose.
> >
> > # This META file is delivered by Debian-packagers for your
> > convenience.
> >
> > # This META file is delivered by Mandriva-packagers for your
> > convenience.
>
> TBH, I quite don't like "$distro-packagers". The distribution offers
> some features to its users. There is no need to explicitely refer to the
> packagers. There is debian/copyright and debian/control with such
> informations.

it was just an example of a keyword, just choose one that will please you

again what I mean is that users can't use the keyword "convenience" while
there are high risks that such a keyword may appear in the description field of
one META file

> And about the genericity of the used words, I don't buy this argument
> since the check can be "The first line contains exactly all the comment
> specified above".

I don't understand, could you develop or provide an example?

--
Regards
Florent