Re: overhaul of the debian ocaml policy

Le lundi 23 août 2010 11:08:51, Mehdi Dogguy a écrit :
> On 08/23/2010 10:44 AM, Ralf Treinen wrote:
> > The problem is that these strings should be removed once upstream
> > incorporates the META file, which should be the ultimate goal. A
> > string like "origin" is easily mistaken for "original author", and
> > the risk is that people will leave them in in order to give credits.
> >
> > For that reason, I'll rather propose something like
> > "meta-not-yet-upstream". This way it is clear when it has to be
> > removed.
>
> What's the advantage of having a field? When I proposed the idea, I was
> more thinking about the snippet below than adding a new field to the
> META (which may confuse users):
>
> META:
> # This META file is delivered by Debian for your convenience.
> version = "1.1"
> description = "Generic Foo Library"
> requires=""
> archive(byte) = "foo.cma"
> archive(native) = "foo.cmxa"
>
> There is really no need to add a non-standard field to META, imho.

Again, having a generic (for every distros) keyword in this string would be
nice.
"delivered" and "convenience" are not nice keyword for the "filter" purpose.

# This META file is delivered by Debian-packagers for your convenience.
# This META file is delivered by Mandriva-packagers for your convenience.

--
Regards
Florent