Re: overhaul of the debian ocaml policy

On 08/23/2010 02:21 PM, Florent Monnier wrote:
> Le lundi 23 août 2010 13:46:04, Mehdi Dogguy a écrit :
>> On 08/23/2010 01:06 PM, Florent Monnier wrote:
>>> Again, having a generic (for every distros) keyword in this
>>> string would be nice. "delivered" and "convenience" are not nice
>>> keyword for the "filter" purpose.
>>>
>>> # This META file is delivered by Debian-packagers for your
>>> convenience.
>>>
>>> # This META file is delivered by Mandriva-packagers for your
>>> convenience.
>>
>> TBH, I quite don't like "$distro-packagers". The distribution
>> offers some features to its users. There is no need to explicitely
>> refer to the packagers. There is debian/copyright and
>> debian/control with such informations.
>
> it was just an example of a keyword, just choose one that will
> please you
>
> again what I mean is that users can't use the keyword "convenience"
> while there are high risks that such a keyword may appear in the
> description field of one META file

"Debian" is just fine for me. I do my packaging work for Debian and I
want it to be known as provided by Debian, and not Debian-packagers (is this
made to flatter ourselfves or make grepping easier?). It may be just a
matter of wording but here the difference matters for me.

Besides, I really don't understand the story with a keyword. What's the
goal? If you want to know if some META is provided by Debian, then:

	egrep -r "^\# This META file is delivered by Debian for your
convenience\.$" **/META* METAS/*

Regards,

--
Mehdi Dogguy مهدي الدڤي