Re: xmlm_1.0.1-1_amd64.changes is NEW

Hello Romain,

Thank you for the explanations.

Dependencies are nice to have (code reuse, security fix as you
underlined it) but can be a nightmare if they are two numerous. This
is usually not the case on Debian and Ubuntu thanks to Debian
developers but this is not the case on other distributions. Anyway,
this general issue is not related to Debian packaging. ;-)

On Thu, May 14, 2009 at 12:55, Romain Beauxis <toots@rastageeks.org> wrote:
> As a side note, xmlm includes a META file, which adds support for findlib, which
> is mainly used to compile against external ocaml modules. This seems to
> indicate that xmlm's upstream author has nothing against doing so, then..
>
> However, I found several things that should be fixed in order to properly
> support findlib and external compilation, and will send a patch to the author
> soon.

Did not know about that. Nice to have, thanks.

Yours,
d.