Re: removal of the ocaml-source binary package

Stefano Zacchiroli wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 17, 2007 at 09:11:08PM +0200, Ralf Treinen wrote:
>> cduce still build-depends on ocaml-source:
>
> Right, good point.
>
> However IIRC cduce still depends on ocaml-source for "lazyness" reasons,
> i.e.: it used not to work properly with ocaml-compiler-libs for some
> issue in the latter package, which were then fixed. Afterwards no one
> tried again to port cduce to ocaml-compiler-libs.
>
> It should be tried againt if it builds now against ocaml-compiler-libs
> or not ....

There is also OCamlDuce (which allows CDuce's x-values to exist directly
in OCaml programs) and it integrates directly in with the OCaml compiler
requiring the actual source files to be patched.  I've been using it a
bit lately and was thinking about seeing if CDuce's maintainers would be
interested in adding it to Debian. ;-)

-Mike