Re: removal of the ocaml-source binary package

Hello,

On 15-04-2007, Stefano Zacchiroli <zack@debian.org> wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 11, 2007 at 07:33:07PM +0200, Ralf Treinen wrote:
>> I have just checked into svn my modifications. The package compiles now
>> (at least on i386), but I havent tested anything yet.
>
> Beside that, which I plan to investigate, more work would be needed to
> write the file list to be used while creating the ocaml-source pacakge.
> But I'm wondering whether we should ship it or not. AFAIK it's no longer
> needed since we deployed the ocaml-compiler-libs package and since wlex
> (which needed the ocaml sources to be patched at compile time) was
> removed from the archive.
>
> Anyone else is using that package?  Otherwise I'll be more than happy to
> remove its building from the ocaml source package.

Cameleon package build-depends on it, a long time ago. I think it is no
more needed (since ocaml-compiler-libs should do almost what is
needed... but i am working on getting a more up-to-date list of library
required).

BTW, i am wondering why the ocaml-compiler-libs tree structure was flat
(one dir or something like that). Since all the files are coming from
different dir, it should be better to imitate the tree structure of the
ocaml-source. This will have some nice side effect, like being able to
make some package compile against ocaml-compiler-libs, just as if it was
a fresh ocaml build source...

(i only look at this issue 3 months ago, please forgive if something has
changed).

Regards,
Sylvain Le Gall