Re: After the release: ocaml 3.09.3 or 3.10.0 ?

On Sun, Apr 01, 2007 at 01:30:03PM +0200, Ralf Treinen wrote:
> AFAIK the freeze upload policy, which is still effective, states that
> only packages that are intended to go into etch should be uploaded to
> sid, eveything else should go to testing. Or did I miss something?
                                   ^^^^^^^
Uh? I guess you meant experimental here, right?

Anyhow, right now it's not a big deal uploading to unstable: you can,
but in case a late minute fix is needed for the corresponding package in
testing you need to work using t-p-u only. Otherwise, if you have been
careful about not uploading to unstable new upstream releases, then you
can use packages from unstable to fix the problem by unblocking them.

YMMV.

But in our case I think we are pretty settled with the ocaml in testing
and I think we can start working with ocaml 3.10.0 rc2. That does not
imply we should upload it directly to unstable, I would go for an upload
in experimental first no matter how close a debian release is.

Cheers.