Re: Hijack camlidl, camlimages, Orphan mldonkey

Hello,

On Tue, Jun 20, 2006 at 11:18:11AM +0200, Samuel Mimram wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Sylvain Le Gall wrote:
> > Well i am intending to adopt camlimages and camlidl. I have made most of
> > the latest upload and i am using it (so i have interest in it). Setting
> > maintainer to me, is mainly a reason of noise on the list (since i will
> > be the maintainer all bugs mail will go directly to me). I will let
> > Debian OCaml Maint as uploaders.
> >
> > Do you agree ?
>
> I'm not sure this is the right way to go. It's nice for us to have bug
> reports on the d-o-m mailing-list: even though it is not a bug on our
> package, we might have ideas about it or it might be linked with a bug
> in one of our packages.
> I think it would be better if you let dom as maintainer and just
> subscribed with your email to the PTS for each package on
> packages.qa.debian.org. This way you will receive directly a copy of the BR.

I won't hijack these packages... The answer of Ralf convinced me (see my
answer for more detail).

> > In the same spirit, i will announce that i want to orphan mldonkey to
> > wnpp, but if an ocaml maintainer is willing to adopt it, it would be
> > better...
> >
> > Anyone interested can contact me.
>
> I'm willing to adopt it, if you want.

Perfect ;-)

I propose you to set Maintainer as dom and set uploaders as you and me
(i will keep an eye on the package for a while, i think you will need
some help on different things).

Kind regard && thanks for the help
Sylvain Le Gall