Re: DD for Felix package requested

On Mon, 2006-08-21 at 09:15 +0200, Stefano Zacchiroli wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 21, 2006 at 12:36:56AM +1000, skaller wrote:
> > I need to ask again please if a DD is willing to upload
> > Felix. Previously Mike Furr did this but he's not around
> > at the moment.
>
> That's not the way things work in Debian.

??

>  It is evident that, at least
> since your latest request on 08 August 2006, no one has been interested
> in updating the felix version available in Debian. Cope with it.

I did, didn't I? The second request was for a DD.
If no one were willing to do the upload, there would be no
point doing the packaging :)

> You can get the package both from our svn repository or with the usual
> 'apt-get source'.

I can't use apt. My Linux box runs Ubuntu, not Debian.

For the same reason, testing is rather difficult.

> Than package the new upstream version, make it
> lintian/linda clean, and than ask for a sponsored upload. I will be then
> happy to review your package and upload it.

Thanks!

> > I think the packaging itself is maintained in the
> > debian ocaml maintainers repository, to which I don't
> > have access (and probably shouldn't).
>
> That's not necessarily true, the repository is used to maintain ocaml
> related packages, and Felix is one of them. Access is granted not only
> to DD, but to all people willing to work on the packages. If you're
> willing to work on felix,

Yes, I'm willing to do it -- I just don't think I'm the best
qualified.

> and you feel more comfortable doing it in the
> repository then we will be happy to grant you write access to the
> repository.

OK, thanks. There's always some discomfort having write
access to a repository shared by other people. But not having
it makes sharing very hard.

I hope no one minds if I ask a few dumb questions.