Re: [Caml-list] Release 3.09.1

On Sun, Jan 08, 2006 at 11:22:01AM +0100, Sven Luther wrote:
> > If you already rebuilt everything externally why then ask for the NMU?
> The importance here is not the NMU fact, it is the fact that you trigger a
> auto-binNMU on the buildds. So you don't have to manually upload all of those
> packages, just give the list of packages as hint to the buildd network. You
> have then naturally to do sourcefull uploads all those packages which needs
> bugfixes, but this is a different issue.
>
> The idea is that this leaves the drudge work of rebuilding everything that is
> fine to the buildds, and allow you to concentrate on what really needs done.

So you propose to start with the binNMU and then follow them with the
sourceful upload? This is fine with me, but the sourceful upload is a
showstopper for me: all packages involved in the transition which had a
binNMU but not the corresponding sourceful upload should be RC-bugged.

BTW, with the new .in mechanism I was able to make the transition for
the whole bunch of my packages in one hour or so.