Re: [Caml-list] Release 3.09.1

On Fri, Jan 06, 2006 at 03:34:05PM +0100, Sven Luther wrote:
> What about binNMUing into one of the DELAYED queue, and in addition into an
> unofficial archive, so they can be tested and fixed if needed and still be
> rebuilt automatically ?

Maybe, but in additiona bugs regarding the mishandled build-dependencies
and dependencies should be filled as well. Packages without bumped
dependencies are _wrong_ wrt to our policy and wrt to linking sanity of
the shipped libraries.

> > If someone is willing to automate the process of building packages from
> > our svn this is fine for me. But they should not be uploaded before the
> > maintainer look at them (a staging period before the uploaded as
> > proposed may be ok if someone else can look and test them).
> DELAYED-7-days may be enough maybe ?

IMO no, at least say, 10 days, but understand this is a matter of
personal taste.

> Or maybe we do a single-arch full rebuilt externally (i am happy to try
> providing the infrastructure for that, as i will be setting up my own powerpc
> autobuilder in a month time or so), and once it is proven ok, we launch the
> binNMU thingy ?

If you already rebuilt everything externally why then ask for the NMU?
It would be easy to plug in the mechanism a tool that bump the depencies
as needed and, at that point, you can do a sourcefull NMU.