Re: ocaml 3.09.0 and word from the RMs ...

On Thu, Nov 03, 2005 at 10:44:03AM +0100, Sven Luther wrote:
> I kind of forgot why we are discusssing things, is it not a good idea
> to bump the version number and reuploading when a new ocaml version
> comes about ?

It is not that easy. It can work as you propose for packages which
depend only on ocaml (but still I stress that you need to bump _also_
the >= build-dep in deb control to be sure autobuilder will use the
right version!), but if I need to rebuilt a library libB which depend on
libA I need to be sure that the library libA is that rebuilt with the
new version of ocaml. Thus I still need to manually bup the >= build-dep
on libA.

> What we really need is a way to do automated uploads once a new abi
> change has occured.

Each maintainer is free to work on its package as he wish. Personally I
don't like the idea of batchly rebuild and reupload all packages of mine
without testing them.