Re: [Fwd: cduce_0.3.2-1_powerpc.changes REJECTED]

On Wed, Apr 13, 2005 at 04:09:02PM +0200, Samuel Mimram wrote:
> So, what is the "right" way to go: chrpath or override?

The wildcard answer: "it depends" :-)

If the rpath points to a shared object installed in
/usr/lib/ocaml/3.08.3/stublibs than it should remain there, otherwise
dynamic loading of it could fail. (If you want an example just try
removing the rpath which is set on dllmlgdome2-xslt.so, shipped by
libgdome2-xslt-ocaml-dev. After removing it you are no longer able to
dynamic load "gdome2-xslt" findlib package inside the ocaml toplevel).

In that case then the right way is the override.

If otherwise the rpath points to some spurious dir like /usr/local/...
as in the CDuce case the "chrpath -d" is the right way.

I've not tested the case in which binaries has rpath pointing to
/usr/lib/ocaml/3.08.3/stublibs, but my bet is that if they are
non-custom bytecode the rpath should stay there, otherwise it could be
removed.