Re: cduce_0.3.2-1_powerpc.changes REJECTED

Hello,

Joerg Jaspert a écrit :

while looking at your package in NEW I found the following thing
from lintian.
"W: cduce: binary-or-shlib-defines-rpath ./usr/bin/cduce /usr/local/lib"

I can sometimes understand if a special path like /usr/lib/PACKAGE is needed,
but usr/local/lib? No.

As I'm a new packager, and very new to Ocaml stuff, I've asked experienced Ocaml packagers about this issue. It appears to be that it is a well-known issue, that has already been discussed on the debian-mentors list [1] as well as on the specific debian-ocaml-maint list [2].

As far as I understand it, it appears to be that the rpath problem (as explained in http://wiki.debian.net/index.cgi?RpathIssue) is not an issue with Ocaml. In fact, the ld.so and gcc things are now involved with these rpath, it's up to the Ocaml virtual machine to handle them.

It seems that they are two options :
 - ignore the warning
 - write an override to tell lintian to ignore the warning

If you need more information, don't hesitate to ask. I'm sure other Ocaml DDs will help me to answer.

Sincerly,

Thomas

[1] http://lists.debian.org/debian-mentors/2002/02/msg00055.html
[2] http://lists.debian.org/debian-ocaml-maint/2003/04/msg00012.html