Re: Ocaml 3.08.0-2 ready to enter testing, hold back by 54+4 packages.

Incidentally, I should also add: Build-Deps are the wrong way to make
sure things get built certain ways on certain archs.

A Build-Dep is there to say that "these packages in these versions are
required for a correct build of this package."  I am, in effect, lying
about ounit when I say it build-deps on 3.08 or greater of ocaml.  (or
3.08 specifically.)  This is not a wise general-purpose practice, and
makes things like back- or forward-ports more difficult, and makes it
more difficult for third parties to release packages that work with
Debian.  In this particular case, I did it because of the pressure to
get things into testing fast.  It is poor as a general policy, though.

Normally, things will just percolate to testing correctly when new
packages are uploaded.  There is no particular need to force the
autobuilders to rebuild it in general.  If any particular arch has built
it wrong, that's what a binary-only build is for.  Not to mention that
things can't enter testing if their deps aren't met.

-- John