Re: Ocaml 3.08.0-2 ready to enter testing, hold back by 54+4 packages.

On 06/08/2004-09:28, Sven Luther wrote:
> Ok, libnums can go, but we will ask an ftp-master once the time comes. I
> wonder about libldap-ocaml-dev and libounit-ocaml-dev though. John and Sylvain
> can you investigate and tell us about why they are not listed in the first
> category ? I did a first checking, and it seems that ocamldap is not yet
> uploaded for sarge, while i thought i did. Maybe it is waiting in the NEW
> queue ? Ounit i have no idea though.

It seems that the binary package libounit-ocaml-dev doesn't have a
versioned dependency on ocaml, whereas other packages depend on
ocaml{,-base}{,-nox}-3.08. This could explain why it is displayed
separately.
This also means that one could install libounit-ocaml-dev_1.0.0-3 (built
with ocaml 3.08) together with a different version of ocaml, which
should probably not be possible.
I think this is a bug in ounit, and should be fixed ASAP (otherwise
ounit will enter testing as soon as the s390 build is uploaded and its
10 days are over, because its dependency on ocaml will be satisfied in
testing). I can file a serious bug in the BTS if necessary, to block
this migration.

Regards,
Julien Cristau