Re: Ocaml 3.08.0-2 ready to enter testing, hold back by 54+4 packages.

On Fri, Aug 06, 2004 at 10:07:55AM +0200, Julien Cristau wrote:
> On 06/08/2004-09:28, Sven Luther wrote:
> > Ok, libnums can go, but we will ask an ftp-master once the time comes. I
> > wonder about libldap-ocaml-dev and libounit-ocaml-dev though. John and Sylvain
> > can you investigate and tell us about why they are not listed in the first
> > category ? I did a first checking, and it seems that ocamldap is not yet
> > uploaded for sarge, while i thought i did. Maybe it is waiting in the NEW
> > queue ? Ounit i have no idea though.
> >
> It seems that the binary package libounit-ocaml-dev doesn't have a
> versioned dependency on ocaml, whereas other packages depend on
> ocaml{,-base}{,-nox}-3.08. This could explain why it is displayed
> separately.

If so, then this is a bug in libounit-ocaml-dev, which doesn't respect the
ocaml policy. I think it has a dependency on ocmal >= 3.08 or something.
Since :

  ounit depends on ocaml >= 3.08 but testing has 3.07.2a-2 (unstable has 3.08.0-2)

> This also means that one could install libounit-ocaml-dev_1.0.0-3 (built
> with ocaml 3.08) together with a different version of ocaml, which
> should probably not be possible.

So this should not be possible.

> I think this is a bug in ounit, and should be fixed ASAP (otherwise
> ounit will enter testing as soon as the s390 build is uploaded and its
> 10 days are over, because its dependency on ocaml will be satisfied in
> testing). I can file a serious bug in the BTS if necessary, to block
> this migration.

Yes please, but i don't think this will be a problem, still iounit is not
respecting the ocaml policy, and should be fixed, so a bug may be in order.

Notice that this doesn't seem to include binary packages like advi and
spamoracle, which i wonder why they are not listed by bjorn's script.