Re: Perl4caml packaged

On Thu, Feb 26, 2004 at 09:33:25AM -0600, John Goerzen wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 26, 2004 at 04:20:28PM +0100, Sven Luther wrote:
> > > I actually maintain it, and many of my other packages, with tla/Arch.  It's
> > > in my personal repository over at arch.debian.org.  Thanks for the
> > > offer, though.
> >
> > Well, this means there are some ocaml related packages who are then in a
> > separate repository than the rest of the ocaml packages. I wonder if
> > this is a good thing.
>
> I don't see it as a problem, really, since that exact situation exists
> for C, Perl, Python, Java, Tcl, and probably every single other
> programming language in Debian.  It is going to happen to OCaml, too, if
> it catches on more.

Yeah, i guess you are the first one from outside our small debian/ocaml
community to package ocaml libraries though.

> > Would it be possible for you to setup a tla -> svn mirroring or
> > something such ? Or at least add a directory in the svn repository, and
> > have a README in there with instructions on how to access your archive ?
>
> That is probably possible, but I don't really have the time or the
> inclination to write the code to do it.  I don't really understand what
> the problem is, I guess.  You can just use tla to grab stuff from my
> repo, as you would svn from the other...  and since tla lets you branch
> and merge across repos, write access to mine is not necessary to make
> changes.  (In fact, you can say "Hey John, merge in the changes from my
> repo over here... fixes all that crap in debian/rules")  I run one
> command and it's there in my repo, with all your logs and everything.

Please add at least a README file to the subversion repo. Or if you
provide me with the info on where to find those tla archives, i will do
it for you. It is just to be informative, and doesn't really cost all
that much.