Re: Perl4caml packaged

On Thu, Feb 26, 2004 at 04:40:32PM +0100, Sven Luther wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 26, 2004 at 09:33:25AM -0600, John Goerzen wrote:
> Please add at least a README file to the subversion repo. Or if you
> provide me with the info on where to find those tla archives, i will do
> it for you. It is just to be informative, and doesn't really cost all
> that much.

Here's the info, suitable for adding to README:

John Goerzen maintains his OCaml packages in a tla repository using the
tla-buildpackage system.  If you would like to work on them, please
reference the archive with:

tla register-archive jgoerzen@complete.org--debian \
   http://arch.debian.org/arch/private/jgoerzen/debian
tla get jgoerzen@complete.org--debian/configs--head--1.0 debian
cd debian
tla buildcfg debian/pkgname/latest
  (ls configs/debian for a list of valid pkgnames)

** shortcut for experienced tla users **:
  tla get jgoerzen@complete.org--debian/pkgname--debian--1.0 pkgname

Should you wish to help with the maintenance of these packages, that is,
of course, encouraged.  The usual mechanism for doing this with tla is
not by granting write access to a repository, but rather by simply
branching off the original repository.  So, you'll want to just create
your own branch off jgoerzen@complete.org--debian, hack it up, commit
changes, etc; then e-mail jgoerzen@complete.org with your archive info
or attach the changeset itself.  tla can both branch and merge across
repository lines, and so the full change history for your modifications
will be preserved.  Please consult the tla docs for more details.

The Debian arch repository at http://arch.debian.org/ has a ViewARCH
interface which you may find useful.

-- John