Re: Perl4caml packaged

On Thu, Feb 26, 2004 at 04:20:28PM +0100, Sven Luther wrote:
> > I actually maintain it, and many of my other packages, with tla/Arch.  It's
> > in my personal repository over at arch.debian.org.  Thanks for the
> > offer, though.
>
> Well, this means there are some ocaml related packages who are then in a
> separate repository than the rest of the ocaml packages. I wonder if
> this is a good thing.

I don't see it as a problem, really, since that exact situation exists
for C, Perl, Python, Java, Tcl, and probably every single other
programming language in Debian.  It is going to happen to OCaml, too, if
it catches on more.

> Would it be possible for you to setup a tla -> svn mirroring or
> something such ? Or at least add a directory in the svn repository, and
> have a README in there with instructions on how to access your archive ?

That is probably possible, but I don't really have the time or the
inclination to write the code to do it.  I don't really understand what
the problem is, I guess.  You can just use tla to grab stuff from my
repo, as you would svn from the other...  and since tla lets you branch
and merge across repos, write access to mine is not necessary to make
changes.  (In fact, you can say "Hey John, merge in the changes from my
repo over here... fixes all that crap in debian/rules")  I run one
command and it's there in my repo, with all your logs and everything.

-- John