Re: Perl4caml packaged

On Thu, Feb 26, 2004 at 04:20:28PM +0100, Sven Luther wrote:
> > I actually maintain it, and many of my other packages, with tla/Arch.  It's
> > in my personal repository over at arch.debian.org.  Thanks for the
> > offer, though.
> Well, this means there are some ocaml related packages who are then in a
> separate repository than the rest of the ocaml packages. I wonder if
> this is a good thing.

Yes, it is, or at least is not a bad thing. pkg-ocaml-maint is a
repository just for collectively maintained packages or for maintainers
that wants someone else to work on those packages.

I've many packages on my laptop which are not on pkg-ocaml-maint and
that's definitely not a problem. The same applies to John's package IMO.

In the past I used to keep those packages also on pkg-ocaml-maint, but
this turned out to be a problem due to syncing issues.

> Would it be possible for you to setup a tla -> svn mirroring or
> something such ?

This would be great, but only if John is willing to have someone also
working on his packages, otherwise it's completely useless.

> Or at least add a directory in the svn repository, and have a README
> in there with instructions on how to access your archive ?

Why? Users have "apt-get source" and this is enough IMO.