Re: camlidl: first commit on pkg-ocaml-maint alioth project

On Tue, Jun 10, 2003 at 04:02:12PM +0200, Stefano Zacchiroli wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 10, 2003 at 03:38:34PM +0200, Sven Luther wrote:
> > > Ok, but each time a new upstream version comes out you have to add to
> > > the repository all new files and remove from it all the files that no
> > > longer exists in upstream tarball ... not so handy IMO.
> >
> > And i thought subversion was supposed to be more adequate for this kind
> > of stuff than CVS.
>
> Is more adeguatem in the sense that if a file or a directory change name
> you can use the corresponding action on the repository: it handle move,
> copy and other filesystem like operation if you like thinking in this
> way.
>
> But it can't guess which file in your working copy needs to be added to
> the repository, nor which one you want to remove from the repository: it
> is not a member of the OCaml team :-)

But using CVS, when you imported a new version, did it not automatically
add/remove the new/no more used files in that new version ? I think
subversion has also such a feature and if not, maybe if we ask politely,
such a thing could be added.

If not, there is always the possibly to use a little shell script
involving find and diff or something such, and do it ourself, or maybe
even a smallish ocaml program.