Re: camlidl: first commit on pkg-ocaml-maint alioth project

On Tue, Jun 10, 2003 at 03:38:34PM +0200, Sven Luther wrote:
> > Ok, but each time a new upstream version comes out you have to add to
> > the repository all new files and remove from it all the files that no
> > longer exists in upstream tarball ... not so handy IMO.
>
> And i thought subversion was supposed to be more adequate for this kind
> of stuff than CVS.

Is more adeguatem in the sense that if a file or a directory change name
you can use the corresponding action on the repository: it handle move,
copy and other filesystem like operation if you like thinking in this
way.

But it can't guess which file in your working copy needs to be added to
the repository, nor which one you want to remove from the repository: it
is not a member of the OCaml team :-)

Stefano Zacchiroli  --  Master in Computer Science @ Uni. Bologna, Italy
zack@{cs.unibo.it,debian.org,bononia.it}  -  http://www.bononia.it/zack/
"  I know you believe you understood what you think I said, but I am not
sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant!  " -- G.Romney