Re: ocaml 3.06-17

On Sun, Jun 08, 2003 at 04:04:34PM +0200, Stefano Zacchiroli wrote:
> On Sun, Jun 08, 2003 at 03:40:24PM +0200, Sven Luther wrote:
> > > Regarding /usr/include/caml, the latest version of camlidl that
> > > installed stuff directly in /usr/include/caml was 1.02-9 (latest is
> > > 1.04-4). Since I no other package instull stuff in /usr/include/caml I
> > > think you can conflicts with camlidl << 1.04 and you should have no
> > > remaining stuff in /usr/include/caml ...
> > Ah, so that is where these come from.
>
> Sure, I told it to you a few weeks ago on this ML :-)

You should have filled a bug report or something, i think my memory is
slipping, ...

> > I will add the conflict then. What about simply removing the dir if it
> > exist, or maybe i should really add the debconf question in case it is
> > not a symlink.
>
> No need, if really camlidl is the only other package installing stuff in
> /usr/include/caml (and I'm almost sure this is the case), the conflict
> should be enough to avoid remaining stuff in that directory.

Mmm, can't find anything else, apart from ocaml and camlidl in stable,
not /usr/include/caml in either testing or unstable.

This does take in account broken third-party installs, which may have
landed there trough the /usr/lib/ocaml/caml symlink in the past. I
realize now that this was a bad move back then to change the directory.

Good news on another fron though, Maxence fixed the whatis bug in cvs, i
only need to pilfer the patch :)))