Re: Suggestion for ocaml-source

On Wed, Oct 01, 2003 at 06:24:20PM +0200, Stefano Zacchiroli wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 01, 2003 at 05:26:57PM +0200, Sven Luther wrote:
> > > Yes, I need it. More generally: they are in the ocaml tarball and IMO
> > What for ?
> > > they sould be in the sources unpacked under /usr/src.
> > They should not be in the ocaml tarball in the first place.
>
> The point is that ocaml tarball Makefiles use inclusions like "include
> .depend" which fail if there's no .depend.
> Even if a user can create their own .depend with ocamldep, he should
> first touch all .depend and then create them using ocamldep ...

Erm, as far as i understood, the makefile magic should be able to
recreate the .depend transparently when they are not present. At least
it does so for me, i don't know if ocaml doesn't have the target to
create them (which i doubt) or if you use some strange non-compliant
make or something. Well, at least the labltk stuff knows how to make
them, since it produced versions of them which is not the same as the
prebuilt ones, but this seems fixed in the new release.

I think the .depend are needed before you have rebuild ocamldep, but
this should hardly be the case for you, so ...

But if you really like them, i can add them again, no problem.