Re: Suggestion for ocaml-source

On Wed, Oct 01, 2003 at 03:29:42PM +0200, Stefano Zacchiroli wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 01, 2003 at 02:46:00PM +0200, Sven Luther wrote:
> > And ocaml-source.tar.bz2 unpacks into ocaml/ocaml-3.07 ... Mmm, this
> > is not nice, i suppose that just ocaml or just ocaml-3.07, maybe the
> > latest would have been better, i will fix it.
>
> IMO is better to leave "ocaml/ocaml-3.07" as it was in past versions,
> just for consistency.

Mmm, not sure, because you can well want to unpack the sources to your
own build directory or something such, especially if you build as
non-root.

> > > differency I had to patch the wlex Makefile which (correctly) expect a
> > > source dir as obtained unpacking INRIA's tarball. I suppose this problem
> > > will be solved shippping directly the tarball too ...
> >
> > What was the exact problem ?
>
> As I told you: missing .ml and .mli generated from .mly and .mll in the
> "lex" subdir and missing .depend file in the same dir. I don't know of
> other dirs because wlex just need it.

I now have :

$ ls  <= This is the cleanly unpacked upstream source
common.ml   compact.mli  lexer.mli  lexgen.mli  Makefile.Mac outputbis.ml   output.mli  syntax.mli
common.mli  cset.ml      lexer.mll  main.ml     Makefile.Mac.depend outputbis.mli  parser.mly  table.ml
compact.ml  cset.mli     lexgen.ml  Makefile    Makefile.nt output.ml      syntax.ml   table.mli
$ ls <= This is the ocaml-source tarball.
common.ml   compact.mli  lexer.mli  lexgen.mli  outputbis.ml output.mli  syntax.mli
common.mli  cset.ml      lexer.mll  main.ml     outputbis.mli parser.mly  table.ml
compact.ml  cset.mli     lexgen.ml  Makefile    output.ml      syntax.ml table.mli

The files seems pretty ok to me, and i changed the debian/rules so it
first builds binary-indep before binary-arch, which should catch any
remaining stuff.

You don't need the .depend though, do you ? If you really need them, i
can add them again.