Re: ocamlfind issues

Sven Luther <luther@dpt-info.u-strasbg.fr> writes:

> On Wed, Jan 22, 2003 at 06:08:19PM +0100, Stefano Zacchiroli wrote:
>> On Wed, Jan 22, 2003 at 05:58:09PM +0100, Sven Luther wrote:
>> > BTW, about ocamlfind, should you not test that /etc/ocamlfind exists
>> > before opening the dialog about it ?
>>
>> Uh? If you have findlib installed you have /etc/ocamlfind.conf
>>
>> > BTW2, what about moving /etc/ocamlfind to /etc/ocaml/findlib ?
>>
>> Well, you are right I have to do it, I will do it iff you put the latest
>> META file I've sent here in the lablgtk package :-PPPPP
>
> Mmm, Are you sure everyone agrees in linking gnome and glade in per
> default ? I think last we discussed it we agreed not to do it. But then,
> personnally i don't care, i don't use ocamlfind.

well some hard fact so : I've compiled the following ocaml code with
different option :

-- test.ml --

let rec f x = f (x + 1)

let _ = f 0
-- en of test.ml --

compiled as :
ocamlc -I +lablgtk lablgtk.cma test.ml -o gtk.out
ocamlc -I +lablgtk lablgtk.cma lablgnome.cma lablglade.cma test.ml -o all.out
                               gtk.out       all.out
size of the executable :       9837          9811
virtual and resident memory :  1128          1908
shared memory :                876           1492

so it's not a so big problem.

--
Rémi Vanicat
vanicat@labri.u-bordeaux.fr