Re: Plans [Re: Cameleon 1.0]

>   I didn't make myself clear, my apologies.
>
>   DESTDIR is for packaging purposes: the whole software tree
>   will be installed in this target, and then the package tool
>   creates the package from this directory, so DESTDIR does
>   not appear anywhere in the package.

Sorry, i still do not understand :-(
Where to you launch make install DESTDIR=/some/where ?
Is it in Cameleon of in your package sources?
In Cameleon -> will not work
In your package -> Ah, ok, I think I understand, but what about
launching the configure script with options like
-libdir $DESTDIR/lib ... ?

I don't know how you create .deb packages so i'm a bit confused.

--
Maxence