Re: Plans [Re: Cameleon 1.0]

Stefano Zacchiroli <zack@debian.org> a écrit :

> > > If they aren't integrated is probably better to split a binary package
> > > for each tool (each of which should depends on the needed libraries) and
> > > then have a "cameleon" package which depends only on the _tools_.
> >
> >   That's what I intend to do.
>
> Agreed, so this tools are not integrated? Right? (this is not a
> criticism, I just want to know if there is a single entry point, like an
> IDE, or not)

Cameleon is an IDE that integrate most of the provided tools.
Libraries are linked to him, and tools such as mlchat or omom are
integrated thanks to a plugin system.

By the way, we should discuss the plugin issue. As I said, omom and
mlchat (which are standalone tools) comes with cameleon plugins. They
are the only provided plugins that are not in the cameleon directory
of the distribution. Without cameleon the plugins are useless. The
omom plugin depends on omom tools but the mlchat plugin doesn't. By
default, cameleon looks for them in /usr/local/plugin (this should be
changed).

I can think of three ways:

1) Packages install their plugin is a directory.
2) The plugins are provided by the cameleon package.
3) Provide plugin packages (cameleon-plugin-mlchat for instance) which
depend on cameleon.

Same issue with cameleon templates.

--
Dimitri Ara