Re: Plans [Re: Cameleon 1.0]

Let me bring some details...

> Cameleon is an IDE that integrate most of the provided tools.
> Libraries are linked to him, and tools such as mlchat or omom are
> integrated thanks to a plugin system.

That's true.

> By the way, we should discuss the plugin issue. As I said, omom and
> mlchat (which are standalone tools) comes with cameleon plugins. They
> are the only provided plugins that are not in the cameleon directory
> of the distribution. Without cameleon the plugins are useless. The
> omom plugin depends on omom tools but the mlchat plugin doesn't. By
> default, cameleon looks for them in /usr/local/plugin (this should be
> changed).

In fact, plugins are in the *plugins* directory of the tarball,
except for mlchat and omom.
The location of shared plug-ins can be changed with the
--datadir=... option of the configure script.

> I can think of three ways:
>
> 1) Packages install their plugin is a directory.

Yes, with 'cam-config -p' you get the cameleon shared plugins directory.

> 2) The plugins are provided by the cameleon package.
> 3) Provide plugin packages (cameleon-plugin-mlchat for instance) which
> depend on cameleon.

> Same issue with cameleon templates.

cam-config -t gives the templates directory, but i think that templates
should come with cameleon, except for the templates which come with
other tools.

You can choose the names you want for packages ;-)

--
Maxence