Re: Plans [Re: Cameleon 1.0]

> I think it would be nice to preprend $(DESTDIR) to
> installation variables, IIRC in master.Makefile.in. Example:
>
> libdir=$(DESTDIR)@libdir@
>
> So, we can change the root like this:
> make install DESTDIR=/some/where

I can't do that because one of the modules of cameleon,
used by cameleon and cam-config, is created by the configure
script and contains the installation directories
(cameleon/cam_installation.ml.in -> cameleon/cam_installation.ml).
This would result in cameleon looking for shared plugins
and default templates in wrong directories, and cam-config
printing wrong directories.

--
Maxence