Re: Is it possible to package baire?

On Mon, Oct 21, 2002 at 10:36:56PM +0800, Yang Shouxun wrote:
> On Monday 21 October 2002 22:25, Sven Luther wrote:
> > Mmm, what is the problem exactly ?
>
> There is an error saying stream.ml and streamHeader.ml have different
> interface assumption, something like that.

Ok, does make clean

> BTW, baire seems to be a port of Haskell Edison library.

Yes, but more than a port of the haskell code, it was rewritten taking
into acount ocaml's posibilities.

> > Well, the baire.cmo and baire.cmi are not in the .deb, check it with
> > dpkg -c baire.deb
>
> Ok, I checked again and they're there: the 5th and 6th item with "dpkg -c
> baire.deb | less".

Yes, sorry.

> > also, usually a library comes with .cma and .cmxa.
>
> Yeah, but will that pack the different .ml fiels. I guess avoiding polluting
> the OCaml distribution namespace is important.

Mmm, i am not entirely sure about this. I think this would be the
correct behavior, but i never tried it myself. If it does not, then
ocaml is buggy. Anyway, you can just create the .cma with only one .cmo
that you packed if it does not work the other way around.