Re: Problem with building ocaml from ocaml-source

On Thu, Sep 26, 2002 at 01:46:58PM +0200, Jérôme Marant wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 26, 2002 at 01:13:23PM +0200, Sven wrote:
>
> > >   Currenlty, I have a small shell script that
> > >   - copy /usr/lib/ocaml/source to a local place
> >
> > Huh, ocaml-source should now install in /usr/src/ocaml or something
> > such, please check.
>
>   Since when? The version I have have the source installed in
>   /usrlib/ocaml/source (maybe ocaml-source 3.06-5)

in 3.06-6, as can be seen in the changelog.

> > >   - make a bunch of files executables within it (whose list I got
> > >     from 'find ocaml-3.06 -type f -perm 755)
> >
> > Mmm, i will look into this, could you send this list to me.
>
> ocaml-3.06$ find . -type f -perm 755
> ./configure
> ./boot/ocamlc
> ./boot/ocamllex
> ./camlp4/etc/mkcamlp4.sh.tpl
> ./camlp4/compile/compile.sh
> ./camlp4/config/configure_batch
> ./camlp4/meta/mk_q_MLast.sh
> ./camlp4/ocaml_src/tools/camlp4_comm.sh
> ./camlp4/ocaml_src/tools/extract_crc.sh
> ./camlp4/ocaml_src/tools/ocamlc.sh
> ./camlp4/ocaml_src/tools/ocamlopt.sh
> ./camlp4/tools/apply.sh
> ./camlp4/tools/camlp4_comm.sh
> ./camlp4/tools/conv.sh
> ./camlp4/tools/extract_crc.sh
> ./camlp4/tools/ocamlc.sh
> ./camlp4/tools/ocamlopt.sh
> ./config/auto-aux/hasgot
> ./config/auto-aux/runtest
> ./config/auto-aux/searchpath
> ./config/auto-aux/sharpbang
> ./config/auto-aux/trycompile
> ./config/gnu/config.guess
> ./config/gnu/config.sub
> ./otherlibs/labltk/examples_labltk/hello.tcl
> ./otherlibs/str/regex-0.12/configure
> ./tools/ocamlsize
>
> > >   - ./configure -prefix /usr
> >
> > You are reconfiguring, why ? Mmm, because i don't ship the configuration
> > files ?
>
> I didn't check whether you provide pristine sources or preconfigured ones.
> What are you doing exactly?

I did a find on the upstream tarball after unpacking it, cleaned the
list some (removed the windows makefiles and the CVS stuff i think), and
called dh_movefiles on this list. The list can be found in
debian/ocaml-source.files.

I could add at least some portion of the config dir, tell me which you
want.

> > >   - make world
> > >
> > >   And I cannot understand why it fails in camlp4/ocaml_src/lib.
> >
> > Look at what i did in configure, camlp4 is not so cleanly integrated
> > with the ocaml build process.
>
> Ah. OK.
>
> > >   Could someone please try and tell me what could be wrong?
> >
> > Most probably, the passing of option between configure and camlp4 is not
> > ok, but i cannot say more without the actual output.
>
> That is a hint. Thanks.

Ok, tell me if you find the reason of the problem.