Re: Problem with building ocaml from ocaml-source

On Thu, Sep 26, 2002 at 01:13:23PM +0200, Sven wrote:

> >   Currenlty, I have a small shell script that
> >   - copy /usr/lib/ocaml/source to a local place
>
> Huh, ocaml-source should now install in /usr/src/ocaml or something
> such, please check.

  Since when? The version I have have the source installed in
  /usrlib/ocaml/source (maybe ocaml-source 3.06-5)

> >   - make a bunch of files executables within it (whose list I got
> >     from 'find ocaml-3.06 -type f -perm 755)
>
> Mmm, i will look into this, could you send this list to me.

ocaml-3.06$ find . -type f -perm 755
./configure
./boot/ocamlc
./boot/ocamllex
./camlp4/etc/mkcamlp4.sh.tpl
./camlp4/compile/compile.sh
./camlp4/config/configure_batch
./camlp4/meta/mk_q_MLast.sh
./camlp4/ocaml_src/tools/camlp4_comm.sh
./camlp4/ocaml_src/tools/extract_crc.sh
./camlp4/ocaml_src/tools/ocamlc.sh
./camlp4/ocaml_src/tools/ocamlopt.sh
./camlp4/tools/apply.sh
./camlp4/tools/camlp4_comm.sh
./camlp4/tools/conv.sh
./camlp4/tools/extract_crc.sh
./camlp4/tools/ocamlc.sh
./camlp4/tools/ocamlopt.sh
./config/auto-aux/hasgot
./config/auto-aux/runtest
./config/auto-aux/searchpath
./config/auto-aux/sharpbang
./config/auto-aux/trycompile
./config/gnu/config.guess
./config/gnu/config.sub
./otherlibs/labltk/examples_labltk/hello.tcl
./otherlibs/str/regex-0.12/configure
./tools/ocamlsize

> >   - ./configure -prefix /usr
>
> You are reconfiguring, why ? Mmm, because i don't ship the configuration
> files ?

I didn't check whether you provide pristine sources or preconfigured ones.
What are you doing exactly?

> >   - make world
> >
> >   And I cannot understand why it fails in camlp4/ocaml_src/lib.
>
> Look at what i did in configure, camlp4 is not so cleanly integrated
> with the ocaml build process.

Ah. OK.

> >   Could someone please try and tell me what could be wrong?
>
> Most probably, the passing of option between configure and camlp4 is not
> ok, but i cannot say more without the actual output.

That is a hint. Thanks.

--
Jérôme Marant