Re: Problem with building ocaml from ocaml-source

On Thu, Sep 26, 2002 at 01:07:41PM +0200, J?r?me Marant wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 26, 2002 at 12:33:51PM +0200, Sven wrote:
>
> > It doesn't fix anything, -6.1 should be exactly the same as -6, just
> > that because i uploaded source only, the ocaml-source package was not
> > being built, and thus ocaml 3.06-6 could not enter testing (since only
> > 3.06-1 was available for ocaml-source).
> >
> > I will do 3.06-7 nextly, and then add some more verbose message for
> > 3.06-6.1.
>
>   OK. Thanks for the information.
>
>   BTW, I'm still working on Cameleon and I need to build ocaml from
>   ocaml-source.
>
>   Currenlty, I have a small shell script that
>   - copy /usr/lib/ocaml/source to a local place

Huh, ocaml-source should now install in /usr/src/ocaml or something
such, please check.

>   - make a bunch of files executables within it (whose list I got
>     from 'find ocaml-3.06 -type f -perm 755)

Mmm, i will look into this, could you send this list to me.

>   - ./configure -prefix /usr

You are reconfiguring, why ? Mmm, because i don't ship the configuration
files ?

>   - make world
>
>   And I cannot understand why it fails in camlp4/ocaml_src/lib.

Look at what i did in configure, camlp4 is not so cleanly integrated
with the ocaml build process.

>   Could someone please try and tell me what could be wrong?

Most probably, the passing of option between configure and camlp4 is not
ok, but i cannot say more without the actual output.