Re: purge_ld_conf.pl [Was: Re: the move to stublib]

On Thu, Sep 05, 2002 at 03:44:24PM +0200, Stefano Zacchiroli wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 05, 2002 at 02:40:05PM +0200, Sven LUTHER wrote:
> > > I attach a Perl script that do the dirty work: it scans the
> > > /usr/lib/ocaml/ld.conf and if it find spurious entry (e.g. directories
> > > that doesn't effictively contain shared objects) it tries to remove them
> > > using ocaml-ldconf.
> > > It skips system directories like /usr/lib/ocaml/stublibs and
> > > /usr/local/lib/ocaml/<version>/stublibs.
> >
> > No, i don't like it much.
> >
> > I think the per package thingy would be best, but feel free to argue
> > with me about it, i am not strongly in favour of any of the solutions.
>
> Uhm, so you are thinking about a script that scans
> /var/lib/ocaml/ld.conf and remove entries that are no longer needed?

Yes, since this is the only dir handled by dpkg.

More to the point, i would also like the scanning to be handled by each
library package, and not centralized in the ocaml-base package.

> Our problem are the spurious entries in /usr/lib/ocaml/ld.conf so I
> start searching for spurious paths there ...

Well, /usr/lib/ocaml/ld.conf is generated by /var/... and /etc/..., and
we should not worry about spuirous paths in /etc/...