Re: purge_ld_conf.pl [Was: Re: the move to stublib]

On Thu, Sep 05, 2002 at 02:40:05PM +0200, Sven LUTHER wrote:
> > I attach a Perl script that do the dirty work: it scans the
> > /usr/lib/ocaml/ld.conf and if it find spurious entry (e.g. directories
> > that doesn't effictively contain shared objects) it tries to remove them
> > using ocaml-ldconf.
> > It skips system directories like /usr/lib/ocaml/stublibs and
> > /usr/local/lib/ocaml/<version>/stublibs.
>
> No, i don't like it much.
>
> I think the per package thingy would be best, but feel free to argue
> with me about it, i am not strongly in favour of any of the solutions.

Uhm, so you are thinking about a script that scans
/var/lib/ocaml/ld.conf and remove entries that are no longer needed?

Our problem are the spurious entries in /usr/lib/ocaml/ld.conf so I
start searching for spurious paths there ...

Stefano Zacchiroli - undergraduate student of CS @ Univ. Bologna, Italy
zack@cs.unibo.it | ICQ# 33538863 | http://www.cs.unibo.it/~zacchiro
"I know you believe you understood what you think I said, but I am not
sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant!" -- G.Romney