Re: Testing: lablgtk seems broken and does not build

 Hi again,

> That said, it may not (or may) related to the other problem you encounter.

 [Many many hours spent in debugging later.]

 1) I have just discovered that linking to a .cma that requires a dynamic
    library forces it to be linked even when no module inside the .cma is
    required.
 2) Hence dlllablglade.so and dlllabltkgl.so are dynamically linked even
    if my code does not need them. ;-((
 3) When dlllablgtkgl.so is dynamically linked, I get this exception raised:
    Fatal error: exception Gtk.Warning("gdome_xml_n_mkref: invalid node type")
    The exception comes from a messed-up pointer in the code of gdome2.
    (Not the binding, but the C code). My only explanation for that is
    that there is some correlation between this strange behaviour and the
    GL libraries mess. [We have checked and tested again and again all of
    C/ocaml binding code.]

 Conclusions:
  1. Due to problem 2), even the latest META format is not yet what we want.
     But this is surely a post-woody issue.
  2. I hope either that fixing the dependencies of lablgtk will solve the
     other two issues or that no other user software will be affected by
     that strange bug of mine.

 That's all for now.

 					Good night,
					  C.S.C.

Real name: Claudio Sacerdoti Coen
PhD Student in Computer Science at University of Bologna
E-mail: sacerdot@cs.unibo.it
http://caristudenti.cs.unibo.it/~sacerdot