Re: camlzip 1.01-1 uploaded ...

On Fri, Feb 22, 2002 at 02:26:12PM +0100, Stefano Zacchiroli wrote:
> On Fri, Feb 22, 2002 at 02:10:08PM +0100, Jérôme Marant wrote:
> >   It depends whether you want to keep smooth upgraded between the old
> >   package and the new package.
> >   If you want it smooth, you have to provide a dummy package depending
> >   on the new package. Otherwise, create a new one and ask for the
> >   removal of the old one. However, users might not understand what's
> >   happening on their system.
>
> I really want a smoooooooooth upgrade, so smooth that I'm really tempted
> to wait for woody release before changing the name of libraries package
> I maintain.

No, please don't, ...

The changes are easy to do (i did lablgl, lablgtk and mlgtk yesterday, it was
a breeze once i understood how it works, i had to do serious upstream work on
mlgtk though so it would create the dllmlgtk.so library correctly.)

I will do ocamltk now (needed a new upstream source which i didn't had
yesterday at home) and all my libraries will be adapted.

I will do the new version of activedvi too, but i need an adapted camlimages
for that.

Also consider, most of your packages were not in potato, so the upgrade from
previous stable cannot be anything but smooth, this will not be the case once
the current packages go into woody as is.