Re: ocaml 3.04-5 in incoming ...

On Thu, Jan 24, 2002 at 03:54:21PM +0100, Sven wrote:
> > What about moving ocaml documentation in /usr/share/doc/ocaml?
>
> This is ongoing work on the ocaml-doc package, i will do it, but it has less
> priority.

ack

> > Better place is /usr/src/ocaml that is usually writable by "src" group
> > (also the ocaml source should be owned by that group).
>
> Mmm, do you think it would be best ?
>
> I looked a bit, and tetex puts its stuff into /usr/share/texmf/source and the
> kernel goes into /usr/src. I had the impression that only the kernel specific
> stuff is allowed to go into /usr/src.

from FHS:

       4.8  /usr/src : Source code
       Any non-local source code should be placed in this subdirectory.

Stefano "Zack" Zacchiroli <zack@cs.unibo.it> ICQ# 33538863
Home Page: http://www.cs.unibo.it/~zacchiro
Undergraduate student of Computer Science @ University of Bologna, Italy
                 - Information wants to be Open -