Re: ocaml 3.04-3 uploaded

On Wed, Jan 23, 2002 at 09:34:29AM +0100, Sven wrote:
[...]
> Ok, ...
>
> Can it be used in the post-inst even if they are part of the same package ? i
> suppose this may work, since the files are already there when postinst are
> run.

Yes, it should work, but take care of paths removal: you could either run
prerm script instead of postrm script, or check for update-ocamlld before
running it.  You will have to make sure your solution is robust, and it looks
like a hard job ;)
This is why I suggested to ship /etc/ocaml/paths instead, I believe it is
easier to implement.

> That said, naturally i cannot use them to generate the postinst of ocaml-base,
> in which they are contained, but i can live by that.
[...]

I did not try, but I guess you could use something like
    DH_AUTOSCRIPTDIR=`pwd`/debian dh_ocamlld
in ocaml-base/debian/rules.

Denis