Re: ocaml task package ...

On Wed, Nov 21, 2001 at 11:57:11PM +0100, Stefano Zacchiroli wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 21, 2001 at 12:31:28PM +0100, Sven wrote:
> > could someoneelse have a look at the task package stuff, i will definitely not
> > have the time for it until this week end, and more probably will not get time
> > next week also. It will become easier in december though, but that will be too
> > late.
>
> well, I had a small thread on debian-mentors on this subject.
> Seems that task is not what we need, we need a meta-package.
> I've had a look at the kde meta package for references and I realized
> that is pretty easy to do it, two questions:

mmm, i got responded that there are no more task packages as of (or meta
packages) as of woody, (there were such things in potato, but they are phased
out, there is no more task-xxx.deb packages, there were in potato) We should
use the tasksel package for now, and most probably, the new Task: stuff will
be used for the next version. Not sure though.

I downloaded the tasksel package, but don't really have time to look at it
:(((

> 1) it's ok if I build the two meta packages as previosly described (i.e.
> ocaml and ocaml-lib)?

Yes, go ahead, we can always modify them later, even during freeze time, we
can just not create a new task stuff.

> 2) what is the exact deadline for these packages Sven, this week
> (remember that we have to add 10 days for entering testing ...)?

That is not important, the important part is to get them done, after we can
argue with people over the tesing stuff, or have it included.

We need to make them now and test them.

The date limit is friday, i think (that is tommorow).