Re: ocaml task package ...

On Mon, Nov 19, 2001 at 02:21:13PM +0100, Stefano Zacchiroli wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 19, 2001 at 01:57:26PM +0100, Sven wrote:
> > We need to do a ocaml task package before the end of the week, if we want to
> > have an ocaml task for woody.
>
> Right.
>
> > I don't really have time, but will be doing it, once i find a place describing
> > such packages, which i am not finding right now, :(((
>
> With a rapid look on the policy and in the developers reference I can't
> find any information describing how to do task package; you can ask on
> debian-mentors ML.

did the same before posting, will post in the mentor ML.

> > Anyway, i would like to know, quickly, from you other ocaml maintainers what
> > packages should go in such a task package, or if we need more than one task
> > package, or something such.
>
> I think that one task package maybe sufficient that include base package
> but not libraries, we can also do another task package which includes
> libraries. Something like:
>
> task-ocaml (Depends: ocaml, ocaml-doc, ocaml-tools, ledit, camlp4,
> camlp4-doc, ocaml-findlib, camlidl, camlidl-doc, ocamlweb, tuareg-mode)
>
>    (Anyway I doubt that we can have camlidl in Woody ...)

Why not ? woody freeze for things ocaml related is not yet and we have at
least a month still i think.

> task-ocaml-libraries (Depends: camlzip, ocaml-netclient,
> ocaml-netstring, ocaml-pxp, ocaml-shell, ocaml-xstr, ocamltk, lablgl,
> lablgtk, lablgtkmathview, mlminidom, libxlib-ocaml)

Why not one task alone ?

Or a ocaml-task-base (with the ocaml package, or maybe a future ocaml-base
with just the runtime stuff) and a ocaml-dev task ?