Re: next ocaml and location of .so lib

On Tue, Sep 11, 2001 at 01:30:01PM +0200, Sven wrote:
> There is no reason not to put the .so in the same place as the rest of the
> libraries, i think, a better approach would be to make sure such .so files can
> easily be used, instead of putting all of them under the same subdir, but
> then, maybe this is not how findlib sees it, or is there another reason for
> having started this topic ?

yes, I raised the topic cause Gerd asked me if we have any plan on where
to put .so files and I thinked is a good thing kepp all .so in a
"special" dir.

My aim is to keep the user away to know the dir where this files
resides (i.e. avoiding "#whatever dir/file"), this is sure possible
using findlib but I'm not sure if this is possible in the toplevel.
But, from what you say, the module installation may add his directory to
a 'path' that ocaml read when searching shared objects. This is another
solution, that make me happier than the .so special dir solution.

Well, all done.

--
Stefano "Zack" Zacchiroli <zack@cs.unibo.it> ICQ# 33538863
Home Page: http://www.students.cs.unibo.it/~zacchiro